Sunday, March 16, 2008

Foot fault

Due to 'popular demand', the HowFitCanYouGit blog is back. And let me say the lack of activity on the blog is a reflection of the lack of activity in the exercise stakes, so the self-fulfilling prophecy is crystallising before my eyes ... failure was assured before we began. An update though:

A recent trip to the Gold Coast started well - beer pretty much 15 mins after arrival on the 38th floor. But the next morning, in a place where the sun is in full effect from before 6am, I went for the obligatory barefoot run on the beach, the first of the planned daily jogs. Of course, it was the last for the week, not my intention though. A severe strain to something in my foot (was sure it was a bone fracture, more like a ligament or tendon strain) meant walking around the mall was difficult, let alone running anymore. Disaster, although confined me to mandatory slovenly behaviour and I excelled. A leasurely hit of tennis was difficult, and hardly a workout, but the hand eye co-ordination got some movement.

And on the weekend, another hit of tennis, which I'm proud to say was a vast improvement on previous hitouts, and in 30 degree heat felt like a cleansing experience. I managed to match my previous poor manners as a guest to Adams court by sending another precious tennis ball into the neighbours off limits garden - I owe him 2 now, and he only has the fluffy, flat ones left. Still, the appetite is there, I forgot how much I enjoyed tennis.

Still riding my bike ... I mean researching them on ebay. Thats close to exercise isnt it?

Lesson 4 - Being in Queensland feels healthy, until you realise that drinking beer to keep cool really isnt anything resembling healthy. Nor is eating tropical fruit at the same time to 'offset' afore mentioned beer.

No comments: